Monday, January 16, 2012

Adoption

With January 20th, the day Samuel's adoption became secure, quickly approaching my mind has gone back to that special time two years ago. I was so relieved to hear that he would always be in our arms. We celebrated all weekend. Justin's family had a big welcoming party for Samuel and we had a special dedication service for him at church. That week was one of the most exciting weeks of my life. Samuel was the child we had been praying for and I finally was able to understand the purpose of infertiliy. I was thankful that God had called us to pursue adoption and I was amazed at how he worked all the details out so perfectly. The valley that I had just left behind now had so much meaning and the mountain top experience was so sweet.
When I look into those deep brown eyes everyday I am overwhelmed by the gift of adoption. I am so thankful that someone chose life for a tiny heartbeat and that the baby that she gave birth to pulls on my clothes and says, "I love you Mommy" Samuel- We will never forget what a miracle you are. We love you more than words could ever describe!





Thinking about adoption. I am adding another blog to my blog list and this is one of my favorite blogs to read. They have three biological children and a little girl from domestic infant adoption and now they are waiting for a child from China. She talks a lot about God calling them to adoption. I wish more Christian families would open their hearts to adoption. Our social worker told us that there is a great need for more willing families. What a wonderful and rewarding mission work! Check out Beyond Our Wildest Dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Samuel- I could not love you more!
    XXXXOOOOO,
    Ra

    ReplyDelete