Monday, October 26, 2009

Adoption Update

Samuel slept through our two hour meeting with our social worker, Valerie.
We met with the social worker today and did not find out anything substantial. She did tell us that it will probably be around three more months before the adoption will be secure. I know... I know..... that seems like FOREVER but there is nothing we can do but pray and wait. I have been through four years of infertility (which is praying and waiting) and during that time there was absolutely NOTHING I could do. That is exactly how I feel in this situation. If I could change the circumstances I would but I am glad to be serving a great God who has every situation in the palm of his hand. He knows the future just as if it were the past. Yes, I am still very scared but God has brought me so far in the past four years and He has promised that he will carry me all the way. I know that He loves Samuel more than I could ever imagine (and I love him dearly :) )! Please continue to help us pray and if I hear anything before the three months I will let all of you know.


1 comment:

  1. How did the night go? I hope he is better today. Keep adding the pic's to the blog. It is a good way for us to "see" him b/c he is growing so fast. I have a big pile of stuff to send him. I hope he is not too big for some of the clothes.
    L

    ReplyDelete