Sunday, December 5, 2010

our COLD weekend!

We headed out Friday night to see the Christmas carolers at Dan Daniel Park. It was very cold and Samuel refused to wear his gloves so we were not able to stay long.
He was happy about going to eat Mexican before the park. :)
Samuel was watching the first group of carolers in this picture. I don't think he was impressed. :)
Trying a marshmallow.
We could only get him to smile on Justin's shoulders.
We ran into all of our VA nieces and tried to get a quick shot. Kaleigh, Holly, Gracie, Chloe and Lauren.
I think we could just start staying at home and letting Justin carry him around outside on his shoulders. :)
Samuel is now taking the ornaments off the tree. :( So much for "just touch"
He was giving his reindeer a goodnight kiss.
By far my favorite time of day! I rock him every night and we sing "Jesus Loves Me" and say his prayers. He says men after I say amen. I am sure when he is sixteen I will still want to rock him.
On Saturday it started SNOWING!!!
Samuel watching the snow fall.
We took him outside for just a few minutes. I took his hat off for the pictures.
Excited little boy.
Throwing snowballs with Daddy.
Saturday night we had a dinner party with Dewayne and Lisa (our friends that are more like family) I tried to make Olive Garden's Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken. The chicken was great but I just could not bring myself to use two sticks of butter so the sauce was a little thick.
I decided to bring out our china even though we all were dressed in our pajamas.
I think Samuel knew that they were here because he woke up around 10:00 and would NOT go back to sleep.
This was the view from our window bright and early this morning. Beautiful! The snow melted quickly even though it was still very cold here today. Hope you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, ya'll got a lot of snow. I love the pictures. I can't decide which is my favorite-the first one, Samuel looking at the carolers, or the side shot of him in the snow. I can't wait to see him!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like such a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful view. I told Mom Sat you all must have gotten snow b/c it sleeted on and off here all day. Love those red shoes. I am so glad he can wear them. Looks like a sweet holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete