Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recipes

I am not a cook! However, when Samuel came home Justin and I decided that our "out to eat days" were over and I started trying some new recipes. I have really had a good time trying new things. One of my favorites is this crock-pot lasagna. Very easy and good! I told Leslie I would give it to her so I decided to post this on the blog.
Violette's Lasagna (Violette Harris Denney)
8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1lb. ground beef
1tsp. Italian seasoning
28-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup water
15 oz. ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Break noodles. Place half in bottom of greased slow cooker.
2. Brown ground beef in saucepan. Drain. Stir in Italian seasoning. Spread half over noodles in slow cooker.
3. Layer half of sauce and water, half of ricotta cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese over beef. Repeat layers.
4. Cover. Cook on Love 5 hours.
(I added the sauce to the meat before making the layers. I also added Parmesan cheese )
Robin wanted the sugar cookie icing recipe. This is really sweet and more like cake icing but still good. Get ready for a sugar overload :)
Sugar Cookie Frosting (allrecipes.com) by Kathy Brandt
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup shortening
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
food coloring
1. In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar and shortening until smooth. Gradually mix in the mild and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and stiff, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired.
Last night we had spinach and chicken enchiladas and they were so good! I tried to remember what Katy said she used so I will post that recipe when I get the exact measurements. Katy made beef enchiladas on Friday night but I used the same sauce just changed the meat.
If you have any good, easy recipes please send them to my email- beth.johnson@pcs.k12.va.us

2 comments:

  1. ooohhh...glad you posted these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made the lasagna with slight variations- it was great! Thanks for the recipe! : )

    ReplyDelete