Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Sweet Surprise

This is my niece, Lauren, holding Samuel last night. Frances (sister-in-law) and Lauren came to stay with us because I did not get home until after 10:00 p.m. (ACE match) and Samuel has had a rough week sleeping. Anyway, when I got home I started complaining to Frances about how I felt stressed and our bedroom was a disaster and I had not had any time to clean. About 15 minutes later Lauren came in the room and said, "Aunt Beth close your eyes and hold my hand." She led me down the hall and to our bedroom. She CLEANED OUR BEDROOM! She made the bed, lined up my shoes, and folded some clothes. It was SO SWEET and I started crying. To think that an 8 year old heard that I felt stressed and decided to do something about it was very touching. She gave me such a sweet ending to a very stressful day! She is also GREAT with Samuel. Thank you Lauren- We love you!

2 comments:

  1. precious! such a sweetie. and glad you had a good WHOLE night's sleep. :)

    oh, and Chris hopes the nerd team won! LOL

    ReplyDelete