Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Time :)

Justin came home early yesterday so we could go get our tree.
Samuel was dressed for the occasion with his tree in a truck sweater.
He LOVED the tree lot. I was nervous the whole time because he was running through all of the trees and was trying to hide from us.
Samuel and Justin beside our "perfect" Christmas tree.
He had so much fun... this is what happened when we had to leave. :(
We made him feel better by going to Pizza Hut. This little boy ate a TON of pizza!
Our finished product :). I am trying to encourage Samuel to just touch the ornaments. This works sometimes but occasionally he cannot resist the temptation to hit them as hard as possible. :) Hopefully our tree will be able to handle our excited little boy!

Justin and I went to a Christmas boat parade last Saturday night in North Myrtle Beach. The parade was super cute but as we were walking to the car I thought about how not one boat had anything about the birth of Jesus Christ. We saw a lot of Santa and lights etc. but there was NOTHING about the true meaning of Christmas. Justin said he thought about the same thing. I left feeling a little sad and as soon as we were home I found our two manger scenes. One is in Samuel's room and the other is in our living room. I talked to Samuel about baby Jesus and today when he saw a manger scene he went straight for the baby. :) I want to start some traditions that keep the focus on the birth of our precious Savior. When our family of three celebrates together this year I am going to make a birthday cake and sing to Jesus. I have heard of several families that only give their children three gifts because Jesus received three. Do you have any ideas? Justin and I want to make sure that we instill in Samuel's heart the true meaning of Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. I love the snowflakes. The first picture is my favorite of Samuel.The crying one is cute too but a little sad. Wish ya'll could have stayed longer at the lot. Simple pleasures are the best. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 3 gift thing is a really good idea and a Christmas tree dedicated to angels, Jesus, nativity, etc kind of like Aunt MG's tree but just stuff about Jesus on the tree.
    Cute pictures. Wish our tree looked that good!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the three gifts! Not that I have followed that, but now is a good year to start. Colton does not need anything. I have a friend/neighbor that has 4 kids and she does that. She does one big gift and two smaller gifts. i think it is a great idea. I found out a long time ago that it really wasn't the gifts that made me happy on Christmas, it was being with my family. I cried the Christmas days that I was not at mom's house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by the way, Samuel is so cute:) I am sorry, but I love the pic of him crying because he has to leave! He is such a boy, you can already tell. He knew that you were trying to take him somewhere that was inside - and where does he want to be? Outside! In the woods:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty tree!
    Samuel looks so cute all bundled up.
    "to hit them as hard as possible" - all boy!
    =)

    Love your ideas about focusing on Jesus -
    I bought some of the Dayspring line "Jesus is the Gift" to put out in my house.
    And putting my nativity scene out in a prominent place is one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete