Monday, June 28, 2010

"The Shepherd's Point of View"

Robin sent me the new McKameys CD and told me to listen to song #2 and then to look at who wrote the song. As most of you know, right before my surgery in 2007 the McKameys released the CD with the song "He's still God." Sandy Blythe ( a girl I have known since a child) wrote that song and I listen to the song ALL THE TIME for a couple of years. Seriously.... the words were so comforting during the trial of infertility. With every negative pregnancy test, every trip to Duke, every failed fertility treatment, and every baby shower that song would bring comfort to my aching heart. Now, 31/2 years later the McKameys released another new CD. The song "The Shepherd's Point of View" is song #2 and again Sandy is the author. Read these words....



"The Shepherd's Point of View"


You are standing on the mountain holding to the Shepherd's hand,

the valley you just came through, was hard to understand.

Then the Shepherd draws you closer, there's something He wants you to see,

and He points back to the valley and unfolds its mysteries.


As the eagles soar around you and you look back on where you've been

one by one He answers questions, that He did not answer then.

He now shows you the danger, of going your own way,

all the roads you thought were better, would have led your soul astray.


He reminds you of that moment, when you could not make it through,

now you see one set of footprints, where He reached down and carried you.

As your tears fall on His shoulder, and you thank Him for His love,

He says "Child, I knew that one day, you'd see the valley from above."


Things look different on the mountain, from the Shepherd's point of view.

Standing high above the trial, that He brought you safely through.

All the valley's disappointments, will never look the same to you,

for things look different on the mountain, from the Shepherd's point of view.


As soon as I heard the first verse I began to cry. Seeing the valley from above is sometimes overwhelming. I let my tears fall on His shoulder and I began to thank Him for His love. His presence filled my heart and I realized again that I could never thank Him enough for Samuel and all that He has done. I have watched God heal my broken heart in so many ways. As I have held my precious baby boy all the disappointments in the past do not look the same. "Things look different on the mountain, from the Shepherd's point of view."

6 comments:

  1. I heard "Shepherd's Point Of View" on the radio. I remembered two years ago when our pastor and his wife were hit by a drunk driver on their way to church one Sunday morning. Cleo, our pastor's wife was air lifted to Birmingham, Al. to UAB. They told them later that she was one step from DOA. She stayed in a coma for about 3-4 weeks. She had so much wrong with her. So many people across the nation was praying for her. She has made a remarkable recovery. She still has some pain, and probably always will. But when I heard that song, I immediatly thought of her. Our shepherd took care of her while she was in ICU Trama, He took care of Doug, our pastor,He took care of the lady riding with them who had both legs crushed. He is still taking care of them today. I am trying to learn to sing that song, but so far, I haven't been able to sing it without crying. Especially the part, "As your tears fall on His shoulder". We cried and prayed so much for Cleo. We thank Him for His love and His loving care for a wonderful couple and a special lady who rode to church with them every Sunday. Thank you so much for "Shepherd's Point Of View". Reba Gay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this song for the first time this morning and as soon as I heard the words I started crying. I have been going up the mountain now for almost eight years. My husband left me in 2003 for someone else, it was a total shock. I have been waiting on God to send me a wonderful person to spend my life with and when I heard the word, Child I knew that one day you'd see the valley from above, it just gave me such reassurance that God is working on my problem and one day I will see this valley from above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! We just recently heard this song for the first time after our family passed through an intense valley of trial. All 3 of us sat in our car and WEPT, as the words seemed to have been written specifically for our situation. As I was googling online tonight, searching for the author's name to include in a blog post, I came across your blog. Thank you for this wonderful testimony, and I am SO grateful God blessed you with a baby! My husband and I struggled with infertility for many years, and after 12 1/2 years of struggles, God sent us our precious son. He is a good God Who cares about every detail of our lives. I trust all is well with you and your family, as I see this post is several years old. God bless you with a wonderful Thanksgiving! So happy to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! We just recently heard this song for the first time after our family passed through an intense valley of trial. All 3 of us sat in our car and WEPT, as the words seemed to have been written specifically for our situation. As I was googling online tonight, searching for the author's name to include in a blog post, I came across your blog. Thank you for this wonderful testimony, and I am SO grateful God blessed you with a baby! My husband and I struggled with infertility for many years, and after 12 1/2 years of struggles, God sent us our precious son. He is a good God Who cares about every detail of our lives. I trust all is well with you and your family, as I see this post is several years old. God bless you with a wonderful Thanksgiving! So happy to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading to comments, I thought this blog was just about people with fertility problems, but I wanted to share a moment when we had get our eyes off the problems we were going through. I was stationed in Pusan, South Korea, while Brenda and our children were at Ft. Bliss, in El Paso, Texas. Our daughter had swallowed a chemical from our science lab, so Brenda took her to the hospital ER. Her brothers' were so worried, after awhile Brenda called home to tell the others Joy was okay. So Matthew ran over to tell one of our neighbors. But unknown to any one, everything was going to change in our life and family, Matthew was raped, and because of the rectal trauma he ended up with a Colonstomy. But I knew nothing about it for some time. I had to come home on emergency leave, my wife a I were livid. How could something like this happen on a military base. how could God allow something so horrendous. How could God allow this to happen to us. I finally retired from the military.
    Meanwhile, as a family we were working on learning different musical instruments and singing and God was helping us, but the thoughts of Matthew's problems. To shorten this, Matthew ended up being able to play many stringed instruments, but deep inside he was still questioning the goodness of God, and to be truthful, Brenda and I were too. Matthew joined the Army too and became an Combat Engineer, doing what he liked to do, blow up things. One day he and one were in defensive positions when his friend, Jimmy, was killed. So now he had survivors guilt upon his rape too. So he got out of the Army with a multitude of problems. But because of his training and willingness to us weapons he became a guard for a drug ring, protecting the drugs from being stolen. But that life style caught up to him too. Unbeknownst to us our prayers for him were starting to take effect, and he gave his heart to Jesus. He had damaged his right shoulder and had to go to the ER and he called some of his "friends" to take him home. But something happened that day, someone gave him a massive dose of "black tar" herion, which killed him. Meanwhile, in Ohio we were waiting for him to call like he did every month, but no call came. So I contacted the sheriff for our county. The house was locked up, so they to forcably enter our house and they found Matthew. Maggots, cases which the maggots had been in before turning to flies were on his body, he had been dead for over 2 weeks. The night before we found he was dead, the Lord came and told me, Matthew was in heaven and taken care of. That night Jesus appeared in a dream to Brenda. In here dream Matthew was standing, the devil had his hands on him, saying "He's mine." But Jesus was there too, and HE took Matthew out of Satan's hands and told him and my wife, "He is mine, and you have no power on or over him any longer." At this Brenda woke up realizing what the dream meant and we shared both of our dreams. Since that time we have shared with many our dreams as a point of hope for others, and we hope we encourages you too.

    ReplyDelete