Thursday, August 25, 2011

Here she is......

She's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Annalee Elizabeth came into our lives at 12:54 pm on 8/24/2011 weighing 7lbs 5 oz (I think). Mom went up on Monday to help Beth out and planned to come back to LBG on Wednesday. Wed. morning Beth and Justin made the 30-40 minute trip to the hospital around 3:30 am. Beth had a really difficult labor and delivery! She made it though. Mom, Dad, and Justin's parents were at the hospital in the waiting room until they got to see her around 3:00 on Wednesday. I think Beth would say she has had a wonderful hospital experience due to the nurses and care. Eden is a very small town and the hospital is not big, but the nurses and facility were very nice!
Now a family of four!


Here she is... Miss Annalee Elizabeth Johnson! Mom and I were in the room today for about 2 hours and she hardly made a sound. Beth showed us the picture that the hospital took of her at 3:30 a.m., her eyes were open and she looked like she was smiling. Seriously! She definitely has her days and nights mixed up.


She has a head full of dark hair. I didn't really think about what color it would be, but I had no idea it would be this much. I have a feeling it's going to change.


I made these to celebrate Annalee's birth. Sorry she can't enjoy them, but Samuel sure does. He LOVES cookies, just like Ra! He saw me get a bag out and went crazy saying "cookies" so we had to give him some before lunch:)




Samuel was so sweet and gentle with Annalee. When we firt got in the room, Justin held him over her little bed and he would say, "See Samul" (asking her, "do you see Samuel?") and "baby sissy". Last night Samuel and I were laying on the bed reading and singing. It came to singing goodnight to everything, "night night tractor, night night four wheeler, night night elmo", etc. Samuel's just laying there sucking his thumb and listening. I sang, "night night mommy, night night daddy, night night (Samuel takes his thumb out of his mouth and interjects "baby sissy", and then stuck his thumb back in. He didn't miss a beat. It was SO cute!




This is Samuel behind the curtain in Beth's room-we were playing "hide"


BOO!



Beth's friend Katie gave her this little hat. To have two miracles in one family-what a blessing! Jeremiah 32:17, 27 "Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:", "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"


Today was a very special day for me. One that I will never forget (just like the first time I saw Creighton, Finley, and Samuel) and one I am so thankful I could be a part of. I can't wait to see who she looks like (we can't tell?) and get to know her little personality. Do you ever feel like you can't possibly love another child? I mean you love the ones you have so much that you feel like you have no more love to give? I remember feeling like that with Creighton, I thought, "Could I ever love another child this much, or will they be as special?" Then after Finley came along I loved her just as much and she was just as special! And Samuel, knowing Annalee was coming, I again thought, "Goodness, I love these three so much and they are each so special in their own way, I just can't imagine having enough love for another niece/nephew. Then it happens.... your love multiplies, your heart gets a little bigger, and your life gets richer!

9 comments:

  1. Robin... Thank Goodness that you posted these pics.... I was about to go CRAZY!!!! I want you to start your own blog! Beth definitely won't have time now;) Love the pictures! That thick dark hair is definitely a shocker:) I can't wait to see her either. Wonder if she is going to cry nonstop like her mom did when she was a baby???? PLEASE keep us updated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious post, Aunt Ra! Love the story about Samuel and "Night Night baby sissy" and his big grin is too cute in the first picture. Annalee is adorable, as I knew she would be. Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post Robin! Please give Beth my love. I'm thrilled for them! Love Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post Robin!! I am so thankful this beautiful little girl is here & arrived safely! What a wonderful blessing! Samuel is so precious- love his reactions! I can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Robin you are a great post-er! Eat your heart out Kelly's Korner. Your friend has nothing on Robin's cookies. That first picture looks just like a picture I have of Finley!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking the same thing about Annalee & Finley! All that hair!!! Congratulations, Beth & Justin! I am thrilled for you! And, Robin, these children are so blessed to have you as their aunt Ra! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Sooo happy for ya'll!! Would call you on your way home from hospital like you did me but I know you wouldn't answer the phone !! :))) Love ya'll. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited to see another chapter in this "miracle story." =)
    cute, cute photos and lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw the pictures of Annalee, Samuel, and Mom and Dad. They are precious! She surely is a miracle and we are so thankful for her. Can't wait to see her!!! Spent some time with Samuel last night. He's so cute!!! He was streaking around the backyard at Gam's.

    P.S. Don't tell who told you this...lol.

    Love, Great Great.

    ReplyDelete